Make an Appointment
Are you HIV-negative, but at a high risk of contracting it?
Taken every day, PrEP can help keep you free from HIV.
Provided by CDC for educational purposes only. Not intended for commercial use.
What is PrEP?
• PrEP, or pre-exposure prophylaxis, is daily medicine that can reduce your chance of getting HIV.
• PrEP can stop HIV from taking hold and spreading throughout your body.
• Daily PrEP reduces the risk of getting HIV from sex by more than 90%. Among people who inject drugs, it reduces the risk by more than 70%.
• Your risk of getting HIV from sex can be even lower if you combine PrEP with condoms and other prevention
It’s Never Been Easier to PrEP
Fast. Convenient. Private
PrEP helps HIV-negative adults greatly reduce their risk of infection.
It’s FDA approved & CDC recommended.
Join over 70,000 Americans who are on PrEP and take control of your health today.
Is PrEP Right for You?
PrEP may benefit you if you are HIV-negative and ANY of the following apply to you.
You are a gay/bisexual man and
• have an HIV-positive partner.
• have multiple partners, a partner with multiple partners, or a partner
whose HIV status is unknown–and you also have anal sex without a condom, or recently had a sexually transmitted disease (STD)
You are a heterosexual and
• have an HIV-positive partner
• have multiple partners, a partner with multiple partners, or a partner whose HIV status is unknown–and you also don’t always use a condom for sex with people who inject drugs, or don’t always use a condom for sex with bisexual men.
To Learn More or to Make an Appointment
Please call (915) 773-0601
How Can You Get Help To Pay For PrEP?
• Most private and state Medicaid plans cover PrEP. If you are on Medicaid, check with your benefits counselor.
• If you have health insurance, you may receive co-pay assistance from drug manufacturers or patient advocacy foundations.
• If you are uninsured, you may consider enrolling in a health insurance plan through the marketplace, or Medicaid if you’re eligible. There is also manufacturer patient assistance programs that will help cover the cost of PrEP, ask the Be PrEPared! Clinic staff for assistance applying.